Freelancing is a great fit for many creative professionals. It enables you to work on new projects across multiple industries, and provides portfolio-building power that is crucial for future success. A flexible schedule is a bonus!
How does a freelancer do what they love, while maintaining a professional relationship and guard against being ripped off?
We thought you’d ask, and have a few tips for successful freelancing experiences…
- The Project Scope – Unlike in the video, be sure to clearly outline the project, the expectations and the timeframe so there are no surprises in the end.
- Put it in writing – Be sure you have a written agreement in place before you begin.
- Ongoing communication – Define project milestones clearly and establish regular communication with your client for updates and feedback.
- Act the part – Be professional. No one will take you seriously if you don’t take conduct yourself as a professional – period.
- Consult the experts – You don’t have to go it alone. Here at CM Access we work with freelancers like you every day, to help them establish great relationships. We love freelancers, and work with clients who do as well!