Gartner, an international information technology research and advisory company, surveyed over 200 marketers from US-based companies with more than $500 million in annual revenue to understand how they are allocating their budgets and which activities are contributing to their success.
- 6% growth in marketing budgets expected in 2013
- $25 million dollars are spent on digital marketing for every $1 billion in revenue with a 9% increase in 2013
- 12.5% of digital marketing budgets are allocated to digital advertising, followed closely by content creation and management
- Up to 50% of all digital marketing activities are outsourced
- 40%+ confirm these top three keys to marketing success: digital advertising, social marketing, and corporate website
Image via econsultany.com
What’s that mean for you? Good news: As digital budgets and efforts rise, so does hiring and demand for digital marketing professionals, so now is a great time to take stock of your expertise to ensure your digital skill set is strong.