A late winter storm won’t get in the way of your job search today. We have a new “accumulation” of Hot Jobs (no shovel required)…
Remember, spring is just around the corner…and so is a great new career! For temporary or permanent creative, marketing or interactive jobs, CM Access’ Career Advocates can help! Connect with us today!
With this week’s Hot Jobs – fa-la-la-la-la…la-la-la-la!
Check them out before your eggnog – fa-la-la-la-la…la-la-la-la!
‘Tis the season to get hired! Fa-la-la-la-la-la…la-la-la!
Call us before the year expires – Fa-la-la-la-la…la-la…la…lah!
Unless you’re living under a rock, you know that today is a special day that won’t happen again in our lifetime! We wanted to share a few tips that you can do to help your creative career and job search efforts in 2013…
- Take time to update your resume and portfolio. A current resume and portfolio show you are a savvy creative, marketing or interactive professional who is serious about your job search!
- Do your homework before you head to your interview. Know who you are meeting with and what the company does. You don’t start cooking without a recipe, so remember to educate yourself!
- What about your portfolio? What do you want your portfolio to represent? Does it have range? Hiring managers like timeless pieces and portfolios that touch many different areas. Is your portfolio easy to navigate through?
- Leave the bad day behind. Remember, you can always make lemons out of lemonade. A positive candidate on an interview is one hiring managers can envision working for them, show your enthusiasm!
- Attend a networking event or sign up for one! In real estate it’s location, location, location. In a job search its network, network, network! Who do you know? Who do they know? Use LinkedIn to navigate through groups and connections and build relationships this way! Utilizing a staffing agency also expands your network, giving you reach to their network as well.
- Be sure you’re not still using those words on your LinkedIn profile and remember not to be too wordy! If you are bored reading what you did at your last job, so will a hiring manager. You’re creative, show it.
- Get inspired. Ask yourself where your inspiration comes from. What inspires you? Share these pictures, videos, or articles and most likely you’ll inspire others as well! Pinterest is a great outlet to showcase your inspiration and portfolio pieces.
- Reflect on the past twelve months – what did you like or not like about this year career wise? Want to keep freelancing or would a permanent position work better for you? Craving more room for creativity? Think about how can you improve your career or search in 2013!
- Do you work with a great team? Let them know you appreciate them (thank yous go a long way!) Make LinkedIn recommendations, call out your co-workers on Twitter. Let them feel the LOVE!
- Stay positive – no one likes a Debbie Downer or Bob Bummer. Positive people exude more confidence naturally!
- Connect with CM Access – take a minute now to LIKE us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter (and be sure to subscribe to our Blog) Why? Because we want to stay in touch and love to share industry tips, great portfolios, and even some inspiration from fabulous celebrities who are creatives themselves!
- Happy 12/12/12 – Don’t forget to seize the day/month/year!
Temps are rising, and we don’t mean just the degrees on your thermometer. Leveraging temporary help during the summer months is an easy way for creative teams to stay on track (and avoid the question of “Where’s my team?”)
If you’re like most of us, the first half of the year has been a busy time. (Don’t even get us started on the fact that Memorial Day has come and gone!) Summer will soon be in full swing, meaning vacation and time away from the office for many employees.
Handling your employees’ changing schedules can be challenging; however, creative staffing firms like CM Access provide a quick and simple solution to ensure you’re fully staffed with top talent year-round.
No need to feel the summer burn trying to find temporary staff, leave it to CM Access to cherry-pick the top creative, marketing and interactive talent for your seasonal needs. We work with some of the brightest professionals in the New England area, many who are seeking contract positions as the weather heats up. We’ll send you the candidates with the right chemistry, credentials and skills for your needs.
It’s a winning situation all around – your team stays on track with a talented creative professional on your side, and your clients continue to receive great work!
Unfortunately, not all hiring decisions have a Hollywood ending as they did for Andy, in The Devil Wears Prada. Finally fitting in at Runway Magazine and gaining Miranda’s approval after much frustration for both parties usually only happens on the silver screen.
As we mentioned in Tip #7, a “bad” hiring decision can not only be time-consuming, but very costly as well. Even with thorough interviews, reference checks, and portfolio reviews, sometimes the wrong marketing, creative and interactive match still happens.
Considering a temp-to-perm hire can provide insight into an individual’s skills, style, work ethic and how they gel with your team before making the final offer.
We’ve seen first-hand how organizations who consider hiring on a temp-to-perm basis can reap the rewards of this mutually beneficial arrangement because it allows you to get to know a candidate in your setting, (and vice versa.)
Miss Tip #7
Tip #9 Coming Soon!